Supplemented selenium can be categorized as organic or inorganic. Organic selenium has an important benefit compared to inorganic selenium due to the fact that L-Selenomethionine is utilized by the body as an amino acid (in the same way as methionine) and is built into animal protein tissue. Via this L-Selenomethionine is able to build up selenium reserves in the body, which ensures a good selenium and anti-oxidant status at all times and secures efficient transfer of selenium to offspring via placenta, milk and eggs.
Key Points to consider when using Excential Selenium 4000 (L-Selenomethionine):
- Multifunctional product –Used in selenoprotein enzymes synthesis and creates a storage pool of selenium in animal structural proteins (i.e. muscle and liver)
- Stored selenium is released during times of stress and low feed intake
- Consistent levels of selenium and L-Selenomethionine for feed formulators
- Dust free preparation of L-Selenomethionine
- Selenium transfer to offspring is secured
Excential Selenium 4000 (L-Selenomethionine) is now available for inclusion in feed premixes!
Availability can depend on region.